Recognizing outstanding contributions to the nutrition community
Each year, ASN and ASN Foundation awards program honors scientists, clinicians and scholars for significant achievements in nutrition research, education, and practice.
The call for nominations/applications is now closed. The deadline to apply was January 18th, 2023 for the 2023 Scientific Achievement Awards, ASN Class of 2023 Fellows and other honors.
Congratulations to the 2020-2022 honorees who will be honored at ASN’s flagship meeting, NUTRITION 2023, in Boston, MA, July 22-25, 2023!
- George Bray Outstanding Scientific Achievements Award in Obesity Research
- Jean-Pierre Habicht Lifetime Achievements in Global Nutrition Award
- Robert Suskind and Leslie Lewinter-Suskind Pediatric Nutrition Lifetime Achievement Award
- ASN Foundation Mentorship Award
- Excellence in Nutrition Education Award
- Roland L Weinsier Award for Excellence in Medical/Dental Nutrition Education
- ASN Nutritional Sciences Award
- Conrad A Elvehjem Award for Public Service in Nutrition
- David Kritchevsky Career Achievement Award
- E. V. McCollum Award
- General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition Innovation Award
- Mary Swartz Rose Senior Investigator Award
- McCormick Science Institute Research Award
- Osborne and Mendel Award
- Robert H Herman Memorial Award
- ASN Industry Recognition Award
- ASN Volunteer of the Year Award
- Korean Nutrition Society (KNS) Award
- Nevin Scrimshaw Mid-Career Award in Global Nutrition
- Bio-Serv Award in Experimental Animal Nutrition
- E.L.R. Stokstad Award
- Mary Swartz Rose Young Investigator Award
- Mead Johnson Award
- National Dairy Council Early Career Investigator Research Award
- Norman Kretchmer Memorial Award in Nutrition and Development
- Peter J. Reeds Young Investigator Award
- Samuel J. Fomon Young Physician Award
- Vernon Young International Award for Amino Acid Research
Fellowships, Scholarships and Funding Opportunities:
Award Competitions and Travel Funding Opportunities for Students and Young Investigators
Earn honors to boost your CV and compete for cash prizes by submitting your research!
Applications are submitted during abstract submission for ASN’s annual meeting.
Click here to learn more about submitting an abstract for NUTRITION 2023, ASN’s flagship meeting which will be held July 22-25, 2023 in Boston, MA.
Opportunities include the following:
- Clinical Emerging Leader Award Competition
- DJPJ (Douglas J. Paddon-Jones) Trainee Achievement Awards
- Early Career Research Award Competition
- Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science Poster Competition
- George Bray Obesity Research Student Awards
- Global Nutrition Early Career Scholar Award
- Graduate Student Research Award Competition
- Nutrition Translation Award Competition for Early Career Investigators
- Postdoctoral Research Award Competition
- Robert Suskind and Leslie Lewinter-Suskind Pediatric Nutrition
- Student Interest Group (SIG) Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
- Young Investigators Underrepresented in Nutrition Award Competition
Diversity in Nutrition and Health Sciences
Join the ASN Foundation’s important effort. Become a Founding Donor today.