Frequently Asked Questions
NUTRITION 2022 is now a year-round learning experience, featuring our annual flagship meeting plus ongoing professional development events.
As COVID-19 variants continue to pose challenges, we made the proactive decision to protect the health and safety of our colleagues worldwide. Though we look forward to the day we can convene the nutrition community safely, from your feedback, we know that you appreciate the flexibility and convenience of virtual events in the meantime.
NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE, our flagship annual meeting, will be held virtually June 14-16, offering new, original science presentations, featured sessions, award lectures and recognition, professional development, and networking/Groups Engaging Members (GEM) functions. With the ongoing COVID-19 challenges, this ensures the safety and security of all attendees, encourages participation from those who are hesitant to travel, and promotes the inclusion of diverse perspectives from colleagues all around the world.new, original science presentations, featured
Once again, ASN is at the forefront and evolving to bring you even more great content and value. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement and the health of our participants, we’ve redesigned and expanded our flagship meeting and education activities to offer more opportunities to learn, share and network all year long.
NUTRITION 2022 will be a year-round experience for learning, networking, and engagement.
Nutrition science is always advancing, and we want to bring the latest research to you more than once a year. That’s why NUTRITION 2022 is now a year-round effort. A new series of programs, including scientific and clinical lectures, workshops, sponsored satellite programs, and focused dialogue sessions will offer opportunities throughout 2022 to discuss the latest science and clinical updates. Plus, most content will be available on ASN on Demand for added convenience.
We remain committed to our mission to advance the science, education, and practice of nutrition, even during these times when planning for future events can be difficult. This innovative redesign of NUTRITION 2022 allows you to better plan for the flagship meeting and engage with the nutrition community with educational and professional development opportunities all year long. We will plan for additional in-person activities when it is safe to do so.
NUTRITION 2022 will convene top scientific researchers, practitioners, global and public health professionals, policymakers and advocacy leaders, industry, media, and other related professionals to advance nutrition science and its practical application. The year-round calendar of a la carte offerings includes something for everyone interested in nutrition.
ASN has reinvented the flagship meeting every year since 2018. NUTRITION 2022 is another new evolution. While attendance is hard to predict in advance for a new format — attendance at ASN’s flagship meeting is on the rise. With the addition of 20+ new activities in addition to NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE, we offer the widest ever range of topics, speakers, dates, formats, and opportunities to learn, network and advance the science and practice of nutrition.
The NUTRITION 2022 program can be viewed here.
Targeted to the global nutrition community, Nutrition Innovations is a unique virtual event hosted by leading experts to foster collaboration and advance nutrition and obesity science. These 60-minute virtual events include a lecture and time for discussion.
Developed for practicing clinicians, Nutrition Rounds – Research to Practice is a series of CME- and CPE-accredited events which will discuss cutting-edge advances in nutrition science and their applications in practice. These 60-minute virtual events include a lecture and time for discussion.
Sponsored Satellite Programs are 60-90 minutes sessions, featuring leading partners — including industry, trade organizations, government, other scientific societies, and others — as they address the latest topics affecting nutrition, health, and food systems. Sponsored Satellite Programs will be offered virtually during NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE and up to twice a month throughout the year.
Learning Labs are 90-minute workshops aimed at improving research conduct and analysis, science communication, and other key topics.
Deep Dives are interactive sessions which will convene researchers for scientific exchange on emerging or popular topics and will feature scientific presentations, live Q&A, small group discussions, and networking opportunities. Deep Dives are half-day virtual events that will be presented three times throughout the year.
NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE is ASN’s annual flagship meeting which will be held virtually June 14-16, 2022.This 2 ½ day event will offer new, original science presentations, featured sessions, award lectures and recognition, professional development, and networking/Groups Engaging Members (GEM) functions.
NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE will be held June 14 – 16, 2022 as a fully virtual event.
NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE will convene top scientific researchers, practitioners, global and public health professionals, policymakers and advocacy leaders, industry, media, and other related professionals to advance nutrition science and its practical application.
We are anticipating thousands of professional attendees from around the world. Last year’s virtual meeting gathered 3,600 attendees.
Yes. ASN hosts multiple networking and interest group events and activities throughout the meeting.
For additional information on the program and networking opportunities, please visit our Program Page.
Yes. ASN offers Family Support Grants, Registration Reduction/Hardship Waivers, and Scholarships for individuals from underrepresented groups to attend NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE. Click here to learn more.
For additional information on ASN Awards. Please visit our Awards Page for a complete list of award opportunities and instructions on how to apply.
NUTRITION 2022 does not include virtual exhibits, which may return when we are able to meet again safely face-to-face. In the meantime, NUTRITION 2022 offers other opportunities for industry to participate in NUTRITION 2022 including registration, Sponsors Satellite Programs, and a variety of sponsorship and advertising packages. For more information, contact Griff Courtney, Director of Engagement and Business Development at email@example.com or 301-250-5958.
NUTRITION 2022 offers opportunities for both advertising and sponsorship through a variety of sponsorship and advertising packages. For more information, contact Griff Courtney, Director of Engagement and Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-250-5958.
All NUTRITION 2022 participants must adhere to ASN’s Meeting Policies. View ASN’s Meeting Policies.
- NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE
- Nutrition Innovations
- Deep Dives
- Nutrition Rounds – Research to Practice
- Learning Labs
- Sponsored Satellite Programs
Scientific symposia and educational sessions organized around the following themes:
- Cellular and Physiological Nutrition/ Metabolism
- Clinical and Translational Nutrition
- Global and Public Health Nutrition
- Population Science
- Food Science and Systems
- Career and Professional Development
- Original research studies presented as oral and poster presentations
- Connect with the Fed sessions to discover funding opportunities and resources from leaders in federal agencies
- Special lectures and addresses delivered by some of the most recognized names in the field of nutrition
- Featured session on late-breaking/rapid science highlighting high impact and newsworthy research; and
- Invaluable networking opportunities.
Award lectures include:
- George Bray Outstanding Scientific Achievements Award in Obesity Research to recognize a physician, clinician or investigator who has made a significant lifetime contribution to the field of obesity research.
- E.V. McCollum International Lectureship in Nutrition to encourage sound advancements in nutritional science and their application for improving the health and well-being of people worldwide and to commemorate the life and contributions of EV McCollum.
- Lifetime Achievements in Global Nutrition Research Award to honor lifetime achievements in international nutrition research to benefit populations in non-industrialized countries. (Formerly called the Kellogg Award for Lifetime Achievements in International Nutrition Research.)
- Robert Suskind and Leslie Lewinter-Suskind Pediatric Nutrition Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize a physician, clinician or investigator who has made a significant lifetime contribution to the field of pediatric nutrition.
- W.O. Atwater Memorial Lecture to recognize a scientist who has made unique contributions toward improving the diet and nutrition of people around the world in honor of Wilbur Olin Atwater (1844-1907), the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s first chief of nutrition investigations.
- Abstract submission opens: November 29, 2021
- Abstract submission closed: February 14, 2022
- Abstract acceptance letters sent: March 14, 2022
- Abstract program assignments sent: April 11, 2022
- Submission opens: March 14, 2022
- Submission closes: April 12, 2022
- Abstract notification letters sent: May 2, 2022
Contact Michelle Crispino, Director of Knowledge Initiatives, via email at email@example.com.
Yes. All presenters are REQUIRED to register.
A certificate of attendance verifies attendance/participation in the conference but does not indicate any continuing education available for the activity.
All registered attendees are eligible to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
NUTRITION 2022 All Access Pass:
Registration includes access to ALL NUTRITION 2022 individual education events and their recorded content through December 31, 2022.
NUTRITION 2022 events include:
- NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE – A 2 ½ day virtual event, ASN’s annual flagship meeting, offering new, original science presentations, featured sessions, award lectures and recognition, professional development, and networking/Groups Engaging Members (GEM) functions.
- Nutrition Innovations – Targeted to the global nutrition community, these lectures feature in-depth conversations with the greatest minds in science. Fostering discovery and engagement of multidisciplinary scientists, lectures will feature preeminent experts whose work impacts the fields of nutrition, obesity and/or food systems.
- Nutrition Rounds – Research to Practice – CME/CPE-accredited webinars targeted to practicing clinicians, this series of virtual events will discuss cutting-edge advances in nutrition science and their applications in practice.
- Deep Dives – “Stand alone” events that will convene communities of researchers for scientific exchange on emerging or timely topics in nutrition science. Programs will be designed to be interactive and include activities such as scientific presentations, live Q&A, small group discussions, and networking opportunities.
- Learning Labs – Professional development workshops aimed at improving research conduct and analysis, science communication, and other identified topics.
- Sponsored Satellite Programs – Sponsored Satellite Programs provide an opportunity for external groups—industry, trade organizations, government, other scientific societies, etc.—to share and discuss research findings with the global nutrition science and practice community
Yes. NUTRITION 2022 allows you to pick and choose what you want – short sessions, multiple days, science, or clinical information. NUTRITION 2022 allows you to create the best experience for you. Registration is required for all event, including those offered for free.
Visit the Registration Information Page for Individual Event Fees.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in licensing content from NUTRITION 2022.
Yes, NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE offers special discounted registration rates for the following:
- High School Students and Teachers
- US Government Employees
- Retired & Unemployed
Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
No, however, members always get the lower rates with reduced registration fees.
Yes, ASN offers a “JOIN NOW” option for registration that includes 1- year ASN membership and registration to either NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE or NUTRITION 2022 All Access.
Yes. Registration for each individual event will require the attendee to register.
Yes. Registered attendees will have continued access to recorded content through December 31, 2022.
Yes. Emeritus members receive a discounted rate. Please refer to the rates online for specific rates. The emeritus rate will automatically generate for members who enter their username and member ID within the registration site.
They must complete a press registration request online and be approved by Media Relations in order for their registration to be completed. To review our press guidelines and register, please visit the Newsroom Page.
Registration confirmations will be sent via e-mail immediately after registering via the website.
Due to the virtual nature of the event and the on-demand access that will be available to registrants, there will be no cancellation or substitutions for registrations. Registered attendees will have continued access to recorded content through December 31, 2022.
No. ASN accepts credit card payments, checks or international money orders, payable to ASN using a U.S. Bank and in U.S. dollars.
ASN accepts checks, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diner’s Club or American Express) or international money orders payable to ASN; using a U.S. Bank and in U.S. dollars.
If you are paying by check or money order, please mail the payment and the completed registration form to:
American Society for Nutrition
c/o NUTRITION 2022
9211 Corporate Blvd, Suite 300
American Society for Nutrition c/o NUTRITION 2022 9211 Corporate Blvd, Suite 300 Rockville, MD 20850
- Scientific Symposia
- Oral & Poster Presentations
- Award Lectures
- Professional and/or Career Development Workshops
- ASN Community (Groups Engaging Members – RIS/Council) Forums
- Sponsored Satellite Programs will also be available for attendees. Check nutrition.org/N22 or additional information on scheduled sessions and events.
Do you have additional NUTRITION 2022 questions? Please direct those questions to the appropriate contact below.
Mariah Bower, Engagement and Membership Specialist
Griff Courtney, Director of Engagement and Business Development
Erica Henze, Manager, Meetings and Board Relations
Felicia Price, Vice President, Meetings & Events
Keith Dillon, Chief Engagement Officer